We decided with Mason's baptism being the day after christmas, it made more sense for my parents to come here and celebrate in MN. It was the first time I haven't been home in WI but we still had a great weekend. Christmas Eve we made appetizers and punch:
Mason got lots of snuggles with his Auntie Deb Deb this past week:
We also started a new family tradition with "The Elf on the Shelf." We can't wait to continue this with Mason and any future babies. Here are some pics with Mason in his christmas outfit and his elf on Christmas morning:
Here we are Christmas morning opening gifts...here is Mason's first gift:
Debbie sulking because our parents got an iPad before her!
Our traditional Shutterfly calendars for Grandma & Grandpa:
And mama became a NFL owner!
After opening gifts, we started cooking Christmas lunch. Ham and cheesy potatoes, YUM! Then we settled in to enjoy the Packer game that evening.
Mason cheering on the Pack with his Uncle Jim Jim:
Joe lost the bet twice this year and had to wear his favorite yellow Packer T-shirt...oh how I dream of the day of when Joe crosses over to the other side ;)
I'm also in denial that the holidays are over...normally by this time, I can't wait to get all the decorations put away...but not this year. I'm not sure when I'll take them down. It was also a lot harder to see my sister go back to AZ. I still tear up thinking about her not being here anymore...I think having Mason has changed so many things for my family...seeing it end was hard on everyone.
On Monday, we headed to Target to score some after christmas deals and pick up the cake and rest of the food for after Mason's baptism that night. On December 26, 2011 Mason Joseph was baptized in the church his parents were married in and became part of the Lutheran family.
Mason with his Sponsors/Godparents:
With Pastor Steve:
With the Grandparents:
My family:
Joe's family:
Just us:
God Bless you MJP, we love you so very much!





No comments:
Post a Comment